Autism Friendly Award
Even though more than 1 in 100 people in the UK are autistic, many of them and their families still struggle to access essential community spaces, businesses and shops. Our Award champions premises who commit to making sure that autistic visitors receive the same warm welcome as everybody else.
This doesn’t mean investing in expensive alterations or training your staff to be autism experts. Small changes can make a massive difference to autistic visitors and just a little understanding can go a long way.
We have worked with everyone from airports, heritage sites to sports arenas, local hairdressers and high street stores. Every customer facing organisation, whatever their size or business, can benefit from becoming autism-friendly.
Show your community that your business is welcoming place for autistic people and their families..
There are lots of small changes you can make that make a big difference to autistic people – from customer information to staff awareness. Each venue that achieves the Autism Friendly Award will be helping to make the UK a more autism-friendly place by opening their doors to autistic people and their families whose lives are affected daily by businesses that do not understand their needs.
We support businesses that achieve the Autism Friendly Award by:
- providing our Autism Friendly Award logo for use on documentation and websites
- issuing certificates and window-stickers to promote autism-friendly status
- announcing new Autism Friendly Award holders to our supporters on social media
- promoting holders on the Missing Autism Uk website
- highlighting each achievement to local families through our extensive network of services and volunteer branches.